Bentonite clay is a Greenish powdery clay, used as an additive in soapmaking,to make a variety of other products as well.
Serves a variety of purposes. Used to provide some slip or lubricity in formulation, or some viscosity in formulations - an excellent addition to your supply cabinet. Used in soapmaking, and in creams, lotions, and used to make facial masks too.
Not for ingestion
Formulations using Bentonite Clay:
Honey & Clay Face Mask
Product Name, Composition, CAS no, and EINECS no:
- Product Name: Bentonite Clay
- Composition: Bentonite (98-100%), Silicone Dioxide (<2%), Quartz (<2%)
- CAS no.: 1302-78-9, 7631-869-9, 14808-60-7
- EINECS no.: 215-108-5, 231-545-4, 238-878-4
- Appearance: Powder
- Color: Greenish
- Odor: Neutral
- Specific Gravity: 2.45 - 2.6
- Solubility: Insoluble
Use in Crafting
- Facial Masks
Stores well under any condition but keep away from moisture.