The Chemconx GS Glyceryl Stearate , is a vegetable derived emulsifier made by the esterification of vegetable-derived, high-purity triple-pressed stearic acid with glycerin. It is one of the most broadly utilized ingredients for personal care products. Glyceryl stearate is typically used as the primary emulsifier, in conjunction with a variety of auxiliary emulsifiers. Glyceryl stearate also performs as an effective skin conditioning agent when added. It is also an excellent opacifier and also a viscosity builder in emulsions. The Chemconx GS Glyceryl Stearate is vegetable derived. Glyceryl stearate is also known as glyceryl monostearate, glycerol monostearate, or by the initials "GMS."
Glyceryl stearate, is widely used. It is common in all kinds of products like:
- After Sun Skin Care
- Bar Soaps
- Bath Additives
- Cleansing Wipes
- Daily Wear Sun Care
- Color Cosmetics
- Facial Cleansers
- Facial Skin Care
- Foot Care
- Hair Colorants
- Hair Conditioners
- Hand & Body Care
- Lip Care
- Liquid Handsoaps
- Nail Care
- Shaving Products
- Shower Gels/Body Washes
- Styling Aids
Also known as Glyceryl monostearate
Examples of uses:
- Emulsifying Agent (W/O)
- Co-Emulsifying Agent
- Cleansing Agent
- Emulsion Stabilizing Agent
- Plant Derived / Vegetable derived / based
Please see Technical Data tab for additional product information.
- Product Name: Chemconx GS Glyceryl Stearate
- INCI Name: Glyceryl Stearate
- CAS Number: 123-94-4
- EINECS: 204-664-4
- Synonyms: Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerol Monostearate, Glycerol Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Glyceryl Stearate, GMS, GMS Pure, GS, ChemConx Glyceryl Stearate
- Appearance: White waxy solid
- Type: Nonionic
- Saponification Value (mg K): 168 - 175
- Acid Value (mg KOH/g): 0.0 - 2.0
- Iodine Value (cgI/g): 0.5 max.
- Melting Point: 56.5 - 58.5°C
- HLB: 3.7
- Solubility - Soluble in isopropyl alcohol, mineral oil, vegetable oil, cosmetic esters, glycols, alcohol. Insoluble in water
Glyceryl Stearate should be stored in sealed containers and kept in a cool, dry place. Prolonged storage above 90°F (32°C) should be avoided. Avoid overheating.
California Prop 65 Statement: The following statement is made in order to comply with the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. This product is not known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm For more information visit https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/proposition-65-list
The component parts of Glyceryl Stearate are listed in the following countries; the registration number for the namesake component is included in parentheses: Europe (EINECS 204-664-4), Japan (ENCS 2-669), Canada (DSL 123-94-4), Australia (AICS 123-94-4), United States (TSCA listed) and Korea (ECL 9312-4516).
Safety Data Sheet
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Little goes a long way. The outcome of my cream was awesome.