- Surfactants, Concentrates, Polysorbates, Silicone
- Blends & Concentrates
- ChemThix DOE Surfactant Thickener
ChemThix DOE Surfactant Thickener
ChemThix DOE Surfactant Thickener is an easy to use non ionic type surfactant thickener. Use ChemThix DOE when you need to increase thickness in products that are difficult to thicken, especially good for when the surfactants can not be thickened with salt, like sulfate free surfactants for example.
Also used as an emollient, irritation reducer, in all kinds of hair and skin care products, like cleansers, shampoo, and shower gels body washes etc..
ChemThix DOE Surfactant Thickener can be used in all kinds of formulations:
- Hair and Skin care products
- Foaming shampoos, and body washes.
- 2 in 1 conditioning shampoos
- Facial Cleansers
- Exfoliating cleansers containing surfactants
- Surfactant Blends
- Sulfate Free Surfactants
Tips on how to use -
ChemThix DOE is easy to use. Typically ChemThix DOE is the final step in the formulation. Use it when you need to thicken a product. Add it in at small increments, as little as 0.50 (1/2 percent by weight), then thoroughly blend and check thickness. If your products is not at the desired thickness, add more, in the same amount as before, and mix and check again. If you want to make the ChemThix a little easier to use, try gently heating it to thin it out just a little. Try heating it in a double boiler, or even in a hot water bath in a sink or bowl.
Some common products that may thin out your surfactant/ surfactant blends are: Essential oils, Fragrance oils, preservatives. If after adding any of these you do not have the desired thickness in your products - that is a good time to use ChemThix DOE surfactant thickener.
- High Active products - Activity level 70 - 80%
- INCI: PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (and) Methyl Gluceth-10
- At 25°C Clear to slightly hazy yellow to amber viscous liquid
- Viscocity As Is 12,000 Cps
- CAS Number: 86893-19-8, 68239-42-9
- pH (10%) 5-9 %
- Usage Rate: 0.5% to 3% once the product has reached final temperature
A Comparable Product is RitaThix DOE (same INCI name)
California Prop 65 Statement: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Please refer to Section 15 of the SDS for the most current information.
Sold By weight
32 Oz = 2 Lb +-
1 Gallon jugs are appx 7.0 Lb +- ea
5 gallon pail is appx 38 Lb + -