Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary Sage, also known as Europe sage, is a biennial plant native to the Mediterranean basin. It has a lengthy history as an herb, but its essential oil is highly prized today for its use in aromatherapy, soapmaking, perfumes and cosmetics. Some say the calming aroma helps reduce anxious feelings and promotes restful sleep and relaxation.
Our Clary Sage Essential Oil is obtained by steam distillation of the flowering tops and leaves of the Salvia sclarea plant.
It is a pale yellow to yellow liquid, having an herbaceous odor and a winy bouquet. Some describe the aroma as mix of herbal, floral, with some sweet notes, and a hint of an earthy tones.
Clary Sage Essential Oil can be used alone or it can be blended with Citrus essential oils like our new, natural Lemon Essential Oil, or with something "woodsy" like our Cedarwood Oil or Patchouli Oil!
Country of Origin - Spain
Shelf Life - Use within 18 months if properly stored
- Packaged in glass with phenolic cap
- Flashpoint: 186°F; shipping restrictions may apply
Keep all essential oils out of reach of children. Do not apply undiluted oil directly to skin. Dilute into carrier oil prior to skin contact. If irritation occurs, stop use. Some oils cannot be used by those with certain health conditions. Do not use during pregnancy before checking with a doctor. As with all essential oils, it is suggested you research well before using. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- CAS Number: 8016-63-5
- Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea
- INCI: Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil
- Plant Parts used: Flowering tops and leaves
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Country of Origin: Spain
- Spec Gravity 25°C / 25°C: 0.886 to 0.928
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow liquid.
- Flash Point: 186°F (shipping restrictions may apply)
- Solubility: 1 mL dissolves in 3mL of 90% alcohol, becoming opalescent upon further dilution
- Storage & Shelf Life: Store in a cool dry place, in a full, tightly sealed container, away from heat and light.