LIQUID GERMALL PLUS
Liquid Germall Plus is a paraben-free preservative for your lotions and creams. This patented combination of Germall II and IPBC predissolved in Propylene Glycol is easy to use, and exhibits a synergistic preservative effect which reduces the total active preservative level necessary. Provides for complete, broad spectrum preservation against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, yeast, and mold. Germall liquid plus can be used in surfactant based systems.
Product Name and CAS No.
- INCI Name: Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
- CAS no: 57-55-6; 78491-02-8
- Appearance: Colorless Liquid
- Odor: Characteristic
- Density: 1.15 - 1.25 g/cm3 @ 68°C
- Boiling Point: 192.22°C
- Melting Point: - 63.89°C
- Solubility: Soluble in water.
- Flashpoint: 98.89°C
Use in Cosmetics and Shampoo Crafting
- Fully compatible with cationic, anionic, or non-anionic surfactants and emulsifiers, as well as proteins.
- Normal use levels of 0.05-0.2% will preserve most systems
- Safe for both leave-on and rinse-off products
- Can be used in a wide ph range (3.0-8.0)
- Water soluble up to 1.0 %
Recommended use lever: 0.1 % - 0.5 % of total formulation weight
Directions: Add to formulation at temps of 50 degrees C (122 degrees F) or lower.
Keep in a cool (preferably below 85°F, the cooler the better), dark and dry store-room.
Under optimal storage conditions, in original unopened drums/containers, minimum two years.
Safety Data Sheet
Certificate of Analysis
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It's the only preservative I use, works really well in my whipped soap base and sugar scrubs.
Excellent high quality Liquid Germall Plus. I am based in Uk but always order from Make Your Own company due to great prices, fair international shipping and more importantly great customer service everytime.
Good price, arrived fairly quickly
Looking forward to making something great. Great shipping and packaging. Thanks