HoneyQuat (Quaternized Honey)
Honey is always a favorite ingredient for top hair and skin care, but can be difficult to work with. With the added cationic charge, now natural honey can be used in so many products to add so many benefits to skin and hair care products. Many love to tout the health benefits since it is believed that honey is an all natural anti-oxidant, and many claim an anti-inflammatory. It is also considered to be an excellent cleansing agent while improving skin texture and surface smoothness.
Preserved by manufacturer with: Sorbic Acid 0.2 - 0.4%
Solubility: Soluble in water, insoluble in oils and esters
- - Guide to sizes - - 4.8 Oz by weight is in 4 Oz bottle, 9.4 Oz packed in 8 oz bottle, 19.5 Oz by weight packed in the 16 Oz bottle, 36 Oz packaged in a 32 Oz container, 8.5 Lb packed in 1 gallon container.
California Prop 65 Statement: This product is not known to be listed in the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Formulations using Honeyquat Quaternized Honey:
Product Name and CAS No.
- INCI Name: Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey
- CAS no: 223705-79-1
- Appearance: Clear to hazy liquid
- Color: Light straw color to dark amber
- Odor: Slight Characteristic
- Solubility: Soluble in water.
- Flashpoint: 200°F
- pH 5% Aqueous Solution @ 25°C: 4.0-6.5
- Activity: 31.0%-45.0%
- Typical Usage: 2.0 – 5.0%
- Country of Origin: USA
Use in Cosmetics and Shampoo Crafting
Honeyquat, is a top performing natural honey product used as an active and additive in a wide range of hair and skin care products. The addition of a cationic charge to the honey makes it moisturizing to hair and the skin when added to formulations. Adds great moisturizing, conditioning, shine and luster.
Keep in a cool (preferably below 85°F, the cooler the better), dark and dry store-room.
Shelf Life: 9-12 months from date of purchase if kept in closed air tight container
Safety Data Sheet
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I use this in my Conditioner bars and it makes your hair feel amazing.
I use it in my solid shampoo bar and conditioners