Hummingbird Sparkle Green
A shimmery, colorful and stunning choice for sparkle and glitter effect.
Shimmering and stunning. A crazy colorful Green Blue - but when the light catches it, or you move - the color changes again to a beautiful stunning blue green! Never the same color twice!
This stunning dark green and blue color is composed of a synthetic mica coated in titanium and tin oxides. This isn't actually a mica...It is synthetic fluorphlogopite or synthetic mica.
Synthetic mica has many advantages to natural mica such as a higher purity, more weather proof, more luster, and is more stable when exposed to a harsh, high temperature. So if you are making a cosmetic line and need a base this or pigmentations the synthetic micas are a great place to start. Also the synthetic micas can be used around eyes an on lips too. So you can dream up all kinds of exciting color combinations for effects, sparkle and glitter.
Our Hummingbird Green Mica works well alone or blended in with other micas and colorants.
Our colorants provide excellent colors, hues, shades and effects on their own, or blend them together for other great creations!
Concentrations to be used vary on the formulation you are trying to make. For example, liquid soap will require less colorant whereas compact powders will require much more.
- Hair Spray, Shampoo, Perfume 0.1-10.0%
- Body Lotions & Creams 1.0-5.0%
- Lotions and Cream 2.0-5.0%
- Blush & Foundation 2.0-10.0%
- Makeup Powders 5.0-10.0%
- Eyeshadow Pencils & Eyeliner Pens 2.0-15.0%
- Nail Polish 2.0-20.0%
- Eyeshadow 10.0-40.0%
Soaps - synthetic micas do not work very well in most soap making processes. Typically they are used in only melt and pour soaps. In cold process type soaps the lye typically turns synthetic mica to an unappealing gray
The synthetic micas also work well as a colorant in bath bombs to give them extra sparkle and pop. Blue Green Mica and other synthetic micas are great for bath bombs and soaps to give them a nice glitter effect to products. Use in bath bombs and melt and pour soaps to add a great sparkle effect! Great addition for sparkle and shine!
*Synthetic Mica Typically not used in CP or HP Soap * Not used in lip products since it has Chromium Oxide Green
INCI: Fluorphlogopite (Synthetic Mica), Titanium dioxide, Iron Oxide, Chromium oxide green
Technical Data Sheet
- INCI name: Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Chromium Oxide Green
- CAS No.: 12003.38.2, 13463.67.7, 1309-37-1, 14038-43-8
- Characteristics: Shimmery Green , Dark Blue
- Average particle size: 10 - 60 µm (Microns)
- D-50: 49-65µm Microns
- Flourphlogopite: 34-37%
- Titanium Dioxide (C.I. 77891): 19 - 23.0%
- Iron Oxide (C.I. 77491): 1.0-3.0%
- Ferric Ferrocyanide (C.I. 77510): 40.0-45.0%
Heavy metals (Pass)
- As: <2 ppm
- Ba: <50 ppm
- Cd: <3 ppm
- Cr: <20 ppm
- Cu: <50 ppm
- Hg: <1 ppm
- Ni: <10 ppm
- Pb: <5 ppm
- Sb: <1 ppm
- Zn: <50 ppm
Microbial Purity (Pass)
- Total viable aerobic count: <100
- E. Coli: Absent in 1g
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa: Absent in 1g
- Staphylococcus aureus: Absent in 1g
- Salmonella species: Absent in 1g
- Candida albicans: Absent in 1g
Safety Data Sheet