Crafter's Choice Macadamia Nut Oil
Crafter's Choice Refined Macadamia Nut Oil is a top all natural oil obtained from the ripe seed of Macadamia integrifolia.
Macadamia Nut Oil is great for use in Soap Making and is a perfect selection for people with drying skin. Because of Macadamia Nut Oil's gentle properties, it is a wonderful ingredient for use in products for the face and even for baby body care products. Macadamia Nut Oil produces a conditioning and stable lather in Soap Making.
Macadamia Nut Oil also acts as a very effective emollient. Provides Shine & Gloss.
The kernels of macadamia are rich in vitamin A1, B1, B2, niacin and essential elements like iron, such as calcium, magnesium and potassium. The oil is a triglyceride oil and contains primarily monounsaturated fats up to 80–84%. It contains the highest percentage of monounsaturates when compared to olive and canola oils. Macadamia oil is rich in Oleic acid, Palmitic acid Palmitoleic fatty acid content.
Macadamia nut oil is also very stable due to its low polyunsaturated fat content.
Macadamia oil is liquid at room temperature.AP MAKING: SAP Value:
Botanical Name, INCI Name and CAS No.
- Botanical Name: Macadamia integrifolia
- INCI Name: Macadamia integrifolia
- CAS no: 129811-19-4, 128497-20-1
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Appearance: Clear, light yellow liquid at 20°C (68°F)
- Odor: Light nutty odor
- Hydrosolubility: Insoluble in water
- Liposolubility: Soluble in vegetable oils
- Flash Point: >260°C
- Iodine Value (grl2/100gr): 75 - 82
- Free Fatty Acid (as % Oleic Acid): Max. 1.5
- Peroxide Value (meq O2/kg): Max. 5.0
- Saponification Values (mg KOH/gr): 190 - 200
Fatty Acid Composition (%):
- Palmitic Acid C16:0 7.0 - 10.0
- Palmitoleic Acid C16:1 14.0 - 24.0
- Stearic Acid C18:0 2.0 - 5.5
- Oleic Acid C18:1 53.0 - 67.0
- Linoleic Acid C18:2 1.0 - 5.0
- Arachic Acid C20:0 1.5 - 3.0
- Gadoleic Acid C20:1 1.5 - 3.0
Use in Cosmetics and Soap Making
Commonly used as an ingredient in skin care products, body oils, lip balms, lip gloss, hair conditioner, sun care products.
Keep in a cool (preferably below 50°F; the cooler the better) dark and dry room, in original unopened container.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
LOVELY AND FRESH - AND SO REASONABLE. I buy from this company first as they have the best prices in the biz with superior customer service and products.