Soy Based Candle Wax
Our Soy Based Candle Wax is a proprietary blend of hydrogenated vegetable glycerides and non-hazardous ingredients. This wax isn't just for making candles - vegetable glycerides are a good substitute for paraffin in wax applications such as paper coatings, stationary pencils, color pencils, ink ribbons, mold lubricant, textile finishes, sizing, cord lubricant, metal lubricant, thermoplastics resin additive, leather dressing, and perfect for non haz crayons.
Benefits of C-3 soy wax:
- Formulated to minimize frosting when used correctly
- Usually requires only a single pour (tops can be smoothed out with a heat gun if necessary)
- Excellent hot and cold scent throw
- Typical fragrance load is 6% or less (fragrance loads up to 7-10% are possible with the addition of additives)
- Smooth and creamy appearance
- Excellent jar adhesion
- Flake form
- No additives required
Basic formulating/ usage tips:
- Heat wax to temperature 130 - 190° (caution: heating wax above 200° may cause wax discoloration)
- Melt point: 124 – 130°F
- Add dye as needed and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance oil as needed and mix thoroughly (fragrance oil should be added just before pouring to prevent fragrance oil from evaporating)
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 120° to 165°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- When pouring melted wax into containers, the containers should be at room temperature or slightly warmer
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
The wax Melting Point: 124-130°F
Naturewax C 3 (Cargill)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I will never use any other wax!! Add 5% beeswax for melts = perfection!!
I've used several other sources for wax, but MYOB Naturewax C-3 is the best! It melts easily and sets up nice and smooth, no holes or depressions. Great for wax melts!