Pure Neem Powder
INCI Name: Azadirachta indica Meliaceae
For your formulating and compounding needs.
Every part of Neem can be used for medicinal purposes. Neem is used by almost everyone in India, beginning with its discovery in ancient times.
Modern research has confirmed Neem's ability to calm inflammation, and fight bacteria. It can also help to treat high blood sugar and fever.
Some Traditional uses / applications of Neem oil and Neem leaf powder include:
- Anti-inflammatory/Antibacterial: Astringent/Antifungal/Antiviral/Spermicidal
- Skin: Neem can be used externally on the skin to treat wounds, eczema, ulcers, and boils. The oil / juice from leaves is used for this purpose.
- Lice and fungal infections: Neem can be used for the treatment of lice and other parasitic or fungal infections.
- Leprosy: It has been reported that the oil and sap from the neem plant has been used to treat leprosy.*
- Hemorrhoids: Reports suggest trying Neem bark to treat hemorrhoids as a decoction.
- Gastro-intestinal: Neem leaf powder is reported to be used to treat ulcers and intestinal parasites.
- Malaria: Neem is said to be used to treat malaria.
- Oral Hygiene: Twigs from the neem plant are reportedly used for dental hygiene for cleaning teeth and to prevent gum disease.
- Bio-pesticide: Neem oil is used as a safe bio-pesticide for organic farming, since it repels a wide variety of pests including mealy bug, beet armyworm, aphids, cabbage worm, thrips, whiteflies, mites, fungus gnats, beetles, moth larvae, mushroom flies, leafminers, caterpillars, locust, nematodes and the Japanese beetle. Neem oil is not known to be harmful to mammals.
*We also sell pure Neem Oil.