CAS number 298-14-6
Use pulldown menu to choose size
Appearance White granular powder
Potassium Bicarbonate is often used as a substitute for Sodium Bicarbonate.
Used as a base in foods to regulate PH. Also used in leavening during baking.
- A strong buffer with mild alkalinity
- Less caustic than carbonates and hydroxides
- Gentle reactivity for controlled neutralization
- Thermal stability up to 350º F
- Water soluble
- Dissolves quickly
- A convenient source of carbon dioxide in baking applications
- A corrosion inhibitor
- A convenient source of potassium
- Agriculture to enhance soil Reduces the loss of cations in acidic or neutral soils and increases the action of phosphate fertilizers
- Corrects soil pH, reduces acidity
- Wine Making / Winemaking
- Household Odor Remover
- Food Additive for fizzing
- Detergent builder
- Some hair and skin care formulations
Another interesting use for Potassium Bicarbonate that has been cited is for organic control of Black Spot, on plants, mainly. Sodium Bicarbonate is often used with success, but if the sodium levels build up the Black Rot may become immune to it. Try Switching to Potassium bicarbonate.