Ritamulse SCG Emulsifying Wax
Ritamulse SCG is a plant-derived ECO-CERT emulsifying wax for creating oil-in-water emulsions. It is all natural with no ethoxylated ingredients. Ritamulse SCG is based on acyl lactylates, which are conditioning in both hair and skin care products. It is a viscosity enhancer and emulsion stabilizer for use in all kinds of lotions and creams, liquid soaps, bath oils, lip balms and sticks, and scrubs. It is a complete, balanced and highly desirable emulsification system.
Anionic lactylates, which is what Ritamulse SCG is based on, and produced by a patented process to react an acyl group of fatty acids and lactic acid. Lactic acid and fatty acids are natural moisturizing factor (NMF) constituents that are found in the skin. The lactylates are excellent viscosity enhancers, stabilizers, and conditioners.
When used in lotions and creams, it will provide what many refer to as a moisturizing, soft, talc-like feel to skin. Note, because this is based on anionic lactylates, it does not conform to the HLB system for non-ionic surfactants and no HLB number has been determined by the manufacturer.
Ritamulse SCG Emulsyfying Wax is derived from and manufactured using raw materials that are completely GMO-free
- Vegetable derived
- Can emulsify up to 25% oils in a formulation.
- Not compatible with cationic ingredients
- Ideal pH range is 5 - 7.5
- Lotions made with Ritamulse SCG are generally thicker than lotions made with other emulsifiers
- Gluten Free
- Recommended Usage Range: 2% - 10%
- Avoid cationic quats like Incroquat as these are incompatible
Also known as : ECOMulse, Ritamulse SCG, Emulsimulse
Product Name, INCI Name, CAS #
- Product Name: Ritamulse SCG Emulsifying Wax
- INCI Name: Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate
- CAS #: 123-94-4, 11099-07-3, 31566-31-1, 85666-92-8, 8005-44-5, 67762-27-0, 25383-99-7
- Flash Point: > 199.4 F (93.0 C)
- Solubility: Not water soluble; Soluble in oil
- Typical usage rate: 2 - 10%
- Appearance: Off White Waxy Flakes
- Acid Value (mg KOH/1g): 20 max.
- Saponification Value (mg KOH/1g): 125-150
- Country of Origin: Mexico
- Storage: Keep in a cool and dry store room.
- Shelf Life: Under optimal storage conditions, in original unopened drums/containers, one year minimum.