TEGO Care PBS 6
Tego Care PBS 6 100 % All natural O W Specialty Emulsifier
TEGO Care PBS 6 is a specialty (O/W emulsifier). One great thing about TegoCare PBS 6 is that it's 100% natural, and it is great for working with, and emulsifying normally difficult to work with ingredients.
Tego Care PBS 6 is a polyglyceryl-based emulsifier that is 100% derived from renewable resources. Tego care PBS 6 can stabilize modern sun care formulations containing a high load of water-soluble UV filters and other challenging ingredients. It is especially suiteed for formulating low-viscosity lotions and sprays
Benefits of TegoCare PBS 6
- Forms stable emulsions between pH 4.0 and 8.5
- Outstanding formulation flexibility, with regard to high amounts of water soluble UV filters or other difficult to stabilize ingredients
- Provides moisturizing properties
- Allows production of O/W emulsions based on hot-cold process
- ECOCERT, NATRUE and COSMOS certified
- Fully based on renewable sources
Formulating Tips and How-tos
- TEGO Care PBS 6 is suitable for the formulation of O/W emulsions with all types of cosmetic oils at a pH of 4.0 to 8.5.
- TEGO Care PBS 6 is suitable for systems preserved with natural preservatives such as organic acids (e. g. benzoic acid and sorbic acid).
- The recommended usage concentration of TEGO Care PBS 6 is approx. 2.5 to 4.0% in lotions and sprays.
- Typical oil phase contents of emulsions based on TEGO Care PBS 6 are 10 - 30% for lotions and 10 – 20% for sprays.
- Typical combinations for O/W lotions are 2.5 – 4.0% TEGO® Care PBS 6 with up to 3.0% consistency enhancers. Suitable combinations include Glyceryl Stearate and Stearyl Alcohol or Cetearyl Alcohol, all availbale from us at makeyourown.buzz ( here) in a ratio of 50:50.
- As TEGO Care PBS 6 can stabilize electrolyte containing emulsions, the incorporated polymeric thickeners should preferably be resistant to significant electrolyte contents. Hydrophobically modified carbomers like Carbomers or xanthan gum types are preferred compared to classical polyacrylate-based thickeners.
- Although TEGO Care PBS 6 is recommended for the formulation of lotions and sprays, it can also be used for stabilizing creams. In this case, 2.5 – 4.0% emulsifier, 1.5 – 2.5% consistency enhancers and 0.1 – 0.2% carbomer or 0.8 – 1.0% xanthan gum are typical use levels.
- The pelletized product TEGO Care PBS 6 may tend to agglomerate under elevated temperatures during storage. This effect is not affecting the application properties of the emulsifier. If agglomeration has occurred, manually reduce the lumps to smaller pieces and add them to the oil phase for melting and subsequent standard processing procedure.
- In order to save processing time and energy, TEGO Care PBS 6 can also be used for the so-called hotcold processing. The hot oil phase is quickly incorporated into the cold water phase while homogenizing. Keep the product stirred and in motion. We recommend heating the oil phase This drastically reduces time and energy that is usually required for heating of the water phase as well as cooling of the emulsion. When using this process, it is important that the oil phase is instantly incorporated while still hot. It is therefore recommended to quickly add the oil phase directly in close proximity to the location of the homogenizer. The final emulsion generated by the hot-cold process will be of lower viscosity compared to the emulsion prepared by the standard hot-hot process. The emulsions viscosity will increase during two to three days after production. The droplet size of the dispersed oil droplets for emulsions with long-term stability is approx. 1 to 8 µm. More coarsely dispersed emulsions tend to separate. After processing and cooling down, the viscosity of the system can be still low and can increase particularly during the next 2 days. This is due to a reorganisation process of the stabilizing lamellar structures. Thus, it is recommended to do small test batches, and determine the final viscosity of a formula not directly after preparation. to 70-80 °C and the water phase to 30 °C.
- Tests confirm that the ingredient is an effective emulsifier for low-viscous lotions and sprays, like sun care and insect repellants. Tego Care PBS 6 can be formulated into specialty sun care products, all natural lotions and creams, facial serums for daily SPF protection, and even specialty insect repellent applications. The Tego Care PBS 6 also has moisturizing properties. INCI Polyglyceryl-6 Stearate (and) Polyglyceryl-6 Behenate