Chemistry Connection, an Arkansas Company and doing business as saveoncitric.com and makeyourown.buzz, commits to our customers, and our vendors to be cruelty free*
We believe that in our modern world, there is no reason that animals should suffer and die to test chemicals and ingredients.
As a company, we pledge to make every effort to avoid doing business with companies that use animal testing, and make animals suffer for testing any ingredients that we sell or use.
We will comply with the following criteria:
- Chemistry Connection will not and does not conduct, commission, or become a party to any animal testing of any ingredient, raw material, or formulation of a finished product(s).
- Chemistry Connection will not knowingly buy any ingredient, or product from any supplier or manufacturer that conducted, commissioned, or had been party to animal testing after the cut-off date of March 11, 2009 (the date of the testing ban on ingredients or combination of ingredients issued by the Commission of the European Communities).
- If an ingredient or combination of ingredients is found not to comply with the above mentioned criteria, we will make every effort to replace it with an alternative or remove it from the product catalog. (As of the date of this declaration, January 1 2017, we have removed products we are aware of). Many chemicals and ingredients and raw materials used in cleaning, and in cosmetics were tested on animals years ago when first introduced, but are currently no longer tested on animals, and these products will remain in our product catalog.
- Chemistry Connection chooses suppliers based on their animal-testing policies and requests their policies on a regular basis.
- Chemistry Connection encourages our customers who manufacture cleaners, and personal care products, soaps and cosmetics to avoid animal-tested ingredients and offer cruelty-free products to their customers.
There currently is no law, or even a standard definition for “Cruelty free.” We currently strive to meet standards set here in our policy, and go by the definition used here at Leaping Bunny –– See: http://www.leapingbunny.org/about/the-standard. We are always updating our products in an attempt to remove those that do not meet the standards.