These ingredients are all found at MakeYourOwn.buzz. These instructions make about 16oz of hydrating, handcrafted moisturizing lotion. Please follow the ingredient list and instructions as closely as possible for the best results
- 1 Cup Distilled or D.I. Water at room temperature
- 1 oz Almond Oil or Avocado Oil
- ½ oz Shea or Mango Butter
- ½ oz Emulsifying Wax
- 1 oz Glyceryl Stearate SE
- Preservative, either Germaben II, Optiphen, or Optiphen II. Use the instructions from the manufacturer to achieve good shelf life.
- Colorants and Fragrance oils of your choice
You will need either a hand mixer or a large mixer for this recipe.
- Collect the dry ingredients (E-Wax, GMS, and Butter) and combine them into a heat safe bowl or measuring cup.
- Warm the products in the microwave until melted. Note all the granules of E-Wax and GMS need to be fully melted. Also, do not excessively heat the products. Only heat to the melting point for the best results.
- Add water, and oil while making sure product is as smooth as possible. Reheat in the microwave for a short time if needed.
- At this point you will need to use your mixer to mix your product. It will start to thicken. Add fragrance oils and colorants. Finally add your preservative.
- Pour into your container of choice and label correctly if you are selling it.
Use formulation at your own risk. We make no claims on the suitability of products used, or this product. Chemistry Connection dba MakeYourOwn.buzz not responsible for outcome, liability, or any damages.