Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES) Liquid Surfactant
Sodium Laureth Sulfate 26% to 29% Active solution
Popular Laureth (Lauryl Ether) Sulfate / Sodium Laureth Sulfate Liquid is an excellent all around surfactant that is used in a wide variety of ways to develop top performing cleaning and washing formulas. SLES also known as sodium laureth sulfate or sodium lauryl ether sulfate provides improved mildness over sodium lauryl sulfate without the sacrifice of critical performance attributes, such as cleaning, foaming and viscosity response.
The lower irritation, milder properties of SLES liquid allow it to be used for all kinds of cleansing products, as well as, baby products, or wherever you want good cleansing without the harshness level of SLS.
SLES can easily be formulated into bath and body products like shampoos or hand soaps.
Products based on SLES can be thickened with salts, betaines, or amides, with the latter two also serving to enhance foaming properties.
Our 1 Gallon Jug is 7.0 Lb +- Our 5 gallon pail, 38 Lb +- has a spout and ships in a sturdy box.
INCI: Sodium Laureth Sulfate CAS: 68585-34-2
- Mild Shampoos
- Bubble baths
- General Cleaners
- Wool washes
- Hand Soaps
- Very effective, even in hard water.
- Used primarily for flash foaming ability in shampoos, detergents and applications.
- Excellent skin compatibility, along with good foam and viscosity characteristics, all important considerations in shampoo, hand soap, and bath product formulations.
- Can be thickened with salts, betaines, and amides, with the latter two also offering foam enrichment. Combine with alkanolamides like Cocamide DEA (high foam booster) and coco betaine for high viscosity products that work in a wide range of conditions.
Formulations using Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate:
Amide Free Body Wash with Crothix
Amide Free Body Wash with GCC
High Active Clear Gel Shampoo
Mild Baby Shampoo
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate
- INCI Name: Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate
- CAS no: 68585-34-2
- Appearance at 25°C: Typical clear to light yellow liquid
- Density (lbs/Gal): 8.7
- Viscosity (25ºC, cPs): 100
- pH (10% Solution): 7.5 to 8.0
- Freeze Point, °C (°F)-2 (28)
- Sodium Chloride, % 0.03
- Pour Point, °C (°F) 1 (34)
- 2 Mol SLES 30%
Similar products: Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Steol CS-230 PCK, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, SLES, CalFoam ES 302, ES 303, Stepan Steol CS 230, Steol CS 330, Rhodapex ES-2, Standapol ES-2, Empicol ESB3
For a list of general uses for SLES and other surfactants check out our Surfactants Formulation page or look at some of these specific uses for SLES:
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet