MakeYourOwn.buzz a dba of Chemistry Connection
Privacy & Cookies Information Notice
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.makeyourown.buzz and applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are not the sole owners of all of the information collected on this site. We operate the store in conjunction with partners like payment gateways, and the cart developer, Bigcommerce. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent information we ahve about you to anyone. We do not control the information sent to payment gateways like Paypal, or other credit card processors after it is used to process your payment. We mainly use Braintree and Paypal to process credit cards and those companies have their own privacy policies.
We use your information to fill orders and / or respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to verify payments and to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by opting out of any email sent.
On our website you may, if you register for an account:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data. Use the email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We, and the shopping cart operator / developer, BigCommerce, and the payment processors, take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we, through the site, owned by Bigcommerce, use encryption, and the cart owner, BigCommerce, and the payment processor(s), uses encryption, to protect sensitive information transmitted online, the information is also protected offline. Only employees who need information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we, and the cart developer, Bigcommerce, and the payment processor store personally identifiable information are kept and maintained in a secure environment.
We use information provided to fill orders.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information, your name, and shipping address, and other contact information to securely get your payment information and to get the package(s) to you, or a recipient, as well as financial information (like credit card number, expiration date) to pay. This information is only used by the payment processor and us, for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll also use this information to contact you. A shipping carrier may also use the information once it has been put on to the label and other shipping records.
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. That information is covered elsewhere on the page (below)
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We have a separate email marketing program.You can sign up for our newsletters, coupons and special offers separately. Every time you receive a marketing email from us there will be the opportunity to opt out * and if you do opt out, your name and email will be removed from the list * * and you will not be contacted again. *It may take up to 48 hours to remove you from a subscription list. **If you have visited the site from different computers, or your cache has stored information submitted to our site under a different email address you may need to unsubscribe more than once and with other information each time.
COOKIES - Use, tracking and opting out
- Browsers are initially set up to accept HTTP cookies. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, or restrict the categories of cookies you wish to accept, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
- Controlling the HTML5 local storage on your browser depends on which browser you use. For more information regarding your specific browser please consult the browser’s website (often in the Help section).
- For more information about Flash “cookies” or local storage objects or LSOs, and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html.
- We do not advertise on our website so when you visit the site no ads should appear so we do not have a policy regarding advertising
- As stated above you may "opt out" of transmitting information by turning on certain privacy settings in your browser. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of any such opt-out options on browsers..
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b)(as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Chemistry Connection responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We currently do not take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed, nor do we control all settings on the site because the site is built on the Bigcommerce platform and we do not control the technology used for that type of use.