Bright Blue-Green mica
Bright Blue Green is like an ocean wave, a mesmerizing blue - green with shimmer, sparkle and glitter effect.
*Synthetic Mica Typically not used in CP or HP Soap
Bright Blue-Green Colorant is composed of a beautiful synthetic mica, which is often used as glitter too, and coated in pure titanium and tin oxides.
Synthetic mica has many advantages to natural mica such as a higher purity, more weather proof, more luster, and is more stable when exposed to a harsh, high temperature. So if you are making a cosmetic line and need a base this or pigmentations the synthetic micas are a great place to start. Also the synthetic micas can be used around eyes an on lips too. So you can dream up all kinds of exciting color combinations for effects, sparkle and glitter.
The Blue Green Mica works well alone or blended in with other micas and colorants.
These colorants also provide great colors and effects on their own! Concentrations to be used vary on the formulation you are trying to make. For example, liquid soap will require less colorant whereas compact powders will require much more.
* Chromium Green is not allowed in lip products.
- Hair Spray, Shampoo, Perfume 0.1-10.0%
- Body Lotions & Creams 1.0-5.0%
- Blush & Foundation 2.0-10.0%
- Makeup Powders 5.0-10.0%
- Eyeshadow Pencils & Eyeliner Pens 2.0-15.0%
- Nail Polish 2.0-20.0%
- Eyeshadow 10.0-40.0%
Soaps - synthetic micas do not work very well in many soap processes.
Typically they are used in only melt and pour soaps. In cold process type soaps the lye typically turns synthetic mica to an unappealing gray
The synthetic micas also work well as a colorant in bath bombs to give them extra sparkle and pop. Blue Green Mica and other synthetic micas are great for bath bombs and soaps to give them a nice glitter effect in the products and also try it on top of bath bombs and primarily melt and pour soaps! Great addition for sparkle and shine!
- Product name: Bright Blue Green
- INCI name: Fluorphlogopite (Synthetic Mica) , Titanium dioxide, Tin dioxide, Chromium oxide green
- CAS No.: 12003.38.2, 13463.67.7, 18282.10.5, 1308.38.9
- Characteristics: Bright Blue Green
- Average particle size: 30-150µm
- D-50: 49-65µm - Microns
- Flourphlogopite: 57.0-62.0%
- Titanium Dioxide (C.I. 77891): 36.0-42.0%
- Tin Dioxide (C.I. 77861): 0-1.0%
- Chromium Oxide Green (C.I. 77288): 1.0-2.0%
- As: <2 ppm
- Ba: <50 ppm
- Cd: <3 ppm
- Cr: <20 ppm
- Cu: <50 ppm
- Hg: <1 ppm
- Ni: <10 ppm
- Pb: <5 ppm
- Sb: <1 ppm
- Zn: <50 ppm
Microbial Purity - PASS
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Absolutely love this color!