Varisoft EQ 65 Biodegradable Vegetable derived Ester Quat
Varisoft EQ 65 is a vegetable derived, readily biodegradable cationic ester quat conditioner and thickener for making all kinds of unique, top quality conditioning products. It is a versatile, easy to use product. Plus it is more environmentally friendly since it is vegetable based and biodegradable. So if you, or your customers are looking to develop products with more of a green label, this is an excellent choice. A great alternative for making hair conditioners and detanglers, oil in water emulsions for skin care and sun care products. Varisoft EQ 65 is based on high purity stearic acid and compounded with Cetearyl Alcohol.
Varisoft EQ 65 offers compounders many advantages compared to other products. In addition to a much better feel in the products, a very unique dry powdery sensation, in skin and hair care there are many advantages to Varisfot EQ 65.
- Efficient conditioning compound
- Vegetable based
- Creates conditioners with a rich, creamy appearance.
- Good oil in water Emulsifying properties
- Easy rinsing
- Great after-feel. Nice powdery smooth results.
- Easy handling
- Enviro- friendly Skin products - Lotions, Creams, Moisturizers as the emulsifier
- Enviro Friendly Hair Care Products like Conditioners, Leave in conditioners, detanglers
- Sun care and after sun care products with a smooth, powdery skin feel and low to no tackiness
Typical usage levels
0.5 - 10.0 % Varisoft EQ 65 (some formulas may call for higher usage on a percentage level, but that is not typical)
Appearance: White Pastilles/ Beads
Odor: Fatty (typical)
pH as supplied, at 5%: 3.0 - 6.0
Melting Point: 79°-81°C (174 - 178°F)
Solubility: Soluble in water
Shelf Life: 12 Months, properly stored in a cool, closed packaging
Country of Origin: Germany
INCI Name INCI Name Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride; Cetearyl Alcohol