ChemConx SB Ultra
ChemConx SB Ultra, INCI Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, offers formulators of personal care products broad spectrum protection in all kinds of cosmetic and personal care formulations. The blend of Gluconodeltalactone and Sodium Benzoate, is an effective alternative to the typical preservative system, while having the benefits of them, yet offering unique benefits to the formulation. The ingredients are accepted by ECOCERT as a preservative in all kinds of products, even certified organic cosmetics.
The main ingredient, Gluconolactone, is considered "next generation" AHA, and a naturally occurring food additive - gluten-free fermented food starch derived from non genetically-modified (non GMO) corn via a fermentation process with non genetically-modified microorganisms, gluconolactone finds use in the food and cosmetic industry as a moisturizer, antioxidant and chelant. Gluconolactone is a Polyhydroxy acid (PHA) found in bee’s honey. Sodium benzoate is a preservative with the added benefits of fungistatic properties to inhibit fungus under acidic conditions (pH should be 6 or below), and is also a bacteriostatic agent or bacteriostat. Calcium gluconate is added at a very low level as an inert flow agent, and is typically not in the INCI name.
INCI Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate is considered suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It is generally considered and all around, non-irritating product. As an extra benefit, studies have shown that Gluconolactone- containing formulations offer skin smoothing benefits, and may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
ChemConx Ultra SB, being a powder, and since it is added in to the water phase, may help with stability issues, and stop the aggravation of separation after a product is made. It could also possibly simplify the cooling process. Another benefit you might see is that this product will not alter or change the feel and the viscosity after cool - down which is a big plus when formulating.
- Hair Care products: Shampoos, Conditioners, Rinses
- Skin Care: Shower Gels, Lotions, Moisturizers, Creams
- Liquid Shampoo bases/ Surfactant blends, Shampoo Conditioner blends, Body washes
- Creams and Lotions
- Bath & body products like cleansing gels
A broad spectrum preservative
Globally approved (at 2.0% usage in formulation, only 0.495% sodium benzoate)
Compatible with most commonly used cosmetic ingredients
Can be added during production allowing for better control
offered in powder form which will not challenge most emulsions
GRAS (generally regarded as safe) composition
A Proven moisturizer
Effective over a pH range of pH 3 - 6
Vegan - This product has no animal products, has not come in to contact with animal products, nor has it been tested on animals.
Studies have shown that Gluconolactone containing formulations offer skin smoothing benefits, and may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add to ambient temperature water, prior to heating
- Once added, to water, Blend Immediately. If you wait, there may be a slight gelling effect which will could prevent full solubilization and result in cloudiness
- Recommended Use Levels: 0.75% - 1.5%, up to 2%
- Add to a portion of the water phase which is then added to the batch
- ph efficacy over range of 3 to 6
- Not for use in anhydrous formula (due to incompatibility)
- Not For Use in products containing Vitamin C / Citric Acid, Ascorbic acid. A chemical reaction will occur and ruin the formulation due to destabilization and oxidation converting the sodium benzoate to its acidic state (benzoic acid)
- Do not use in products which contain food colors (due to undesirable chemical reaction which may convert the sodium benzoate to its acidic state (benzoic acid)
- White, free flowing powder
- Odor - mild / Characteristic
- NON-GMO Verified
- Store in tightly sealed, normal temperatures, protected from moisture
- Shelf Life 1 yr. when stored properly