Italian Green Clay Powder
Our Green Italian Clay is a high quality, formulary grade clay used in soaps, masks, facial cleansers, and much more.
The natural green color is from the natural different iron oxides and natural pigments in the soils where the clay is mined.
Our all natural Green Clay Powder has excellent absorption properties. Italian Clays are added to a variety of products for color, and for reportedly drawing out impurities and toxins from the skin, as they also tone and firm.
Formulation Suggestions: (Test first and always seek medical advice)
- Use Italian Clay Powders with a little water to make the ideal facial mask for all skin types, especially sensitive.Reported to be used to detoxify and exfoliate skin on face and body. The clay is reported to rejuvenate dry, damaged, and aging skin by stimulating deep pore cleaning, exfoliating.
- Spa facial mask - Mix 1/4-cup of Italian Clay powder with 1/4-cup water. After the clay and water have been well blended, 2 tbsp of honey and 1/4-cup of mashed banana or avocado are added to the mixture. The mask is applied to the face, allowed to remain for 10 min, and rinsed off with warm water.
- Deodorizing foot treatment: A half-cup of powdered Italian green clay is mixed with 1/2-cup of water and 2–3 drops of tea tree essential oil. The mixture is applied to the feet, covered loosely with plastic wrap, and rinsed off after 15 min with cool water. The feet may then be rubbed with a moisturizing cream.
- Mineral bath: Measure out a half-cup of powdered Italian green clay can be added to a tub of warm water to soothe sunburned or irritated skin, or relieve arthritis or muscle pains.
- Poultice: Try mixing several 4 tablespoons of powdered clay with enough purified water to form a thick paste. Allow the blend to stand in a glass bowl for two hours. The paste is then applied in a layer about 1/4-in thick to a piece of gauze. Then apply the poultice to the injured area with the gauze uppermost and held in place with adhesive tape. It can be left in place as long as two hours, but the clay should not be allowed to dry. Up to 6 drops of essential oil of lavender , Roman chamomile, ginger , or rosemary may be added if desired. Poultices should not be reused but discarded after use.
Italian Clay powders are reported to be ideal for facials, detoxifying body wraps, soap making, face masks, cleansers, face or body scrubs, cosmetics, facial powders, and more. This clay is rich in kaolinite, illite, montmorillonitea and calcite and does not contain any additives, fragrances, or animal products.
Reported to be ideal for formulating a variety of preparations for normal, combination, and oily skin types.
Always test formulations. Caution - clays may stain fabric. External Use only.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Mixed very well with may other clay.
Very nice texture, color, quality
I've used many different clays over the years, some very exotic and some not so exotic. I was glad to see the green clay being offered by MakeYourOwn.buzz because I wanted to use a green clay to color a facial cream I was formulating. It was exactly what I had hoped for, and so convenient that I could order it while ordering other supplies I needed. Win-Win for me. Thanks.