Ocean Blue Mica
Our beautiful Ocean Blue mica will take you to the ocean with it's beautiful blue hues! Made of deep blue mica flakes it appears glossy with a beautiful silver sparkle and shimmer. Ocean Blue is a custom deep blue, hypnotizing, with beautiful shimmer silver sparkles can be seen in the reflection at an angle!
Our Micas provide beautiful colors and effects! Use them alone or with other great colors to blend!
Concentration recommendations vary on the formulation you are trying to make. For example, liquid soap will require less colorant whereas compact powders will require much more.
INCI: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarine Blue
Typical Applications and starting amounts:
- Hair products - sprays, Shampoo,
- Colored Perfumes 0.1-10.0%
- Body Lotions & Creams 1.0-5.0%
- Cold and Hot Process Soap making 1.0-5.0%*
- Use in Melt and Pour Soaps Amount will vary. Begin with a pre-dissolved 1% and test
- Blush & Foundation 2.0-10.0%
- Makeup Powders 5.0-10.0%
- Eyeshadow Pencils & Eyeliner Pens 2.0-15.0%
- Nail Polish 2.0-20.0%
*In some formulations and applications, blue colors may turn to a purple due to pH. Always test!
These are starting points. Test, experiment and make your own creations!
Technical Data Sheet
- Product name: Ocean Blue Mica
- INCI name: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarine Blue
- CAS No.: 12001.26.2, 13463.67.7, 57455.37.5
- Characteristics: Ocean Blue
- Average particle size: 10-60µm (micron)
- Mica (C.I. 77019)
- Titanium Dioxide (C.I. 77891)
- Ultramarine Blue