POLYSORBATE 80, sometimes referred to by the trade name Tween 80, is a non ionic emulsifier and surfactant used for blending oil based and water based ingredients and additives in to formulations together.
Polysorbate 80 is soluble in alcohol and water; insoluble in oils. It is used in oil in water recipes for lotions, body washes, hair creams, lip gloss, scrubs, dispersing bath oils, conditioners, bath bombs, shampoos, body sprays/linen sprays.
- Used in formulas with our Crothix pastilles to thicken formulas.
- Used to solubilize fragrances and essential oils, and blend with vegetable oils to create bath oils that "bloom," when added to bath water.
- Brings an often desired added lubricity beneficial in many formulations.
- A great choice to improve rinse off of anhydrous scrubs, and cleansing oils.
- Can also help loosen the stiffness created when you've accidentally added too much thickener in a formulation and it has reached the "glob" stage.
- Useful in helping to correct an unstable emmulsion which has seperated.
Polysorbate 80. has endless possibilities.
Polysorbates are typically nonirritating.
Environmentally readily biodegradable. Polysorbate 80 is typically derived from vegetable oils like olive oil.
INCI: Polysorbate 80
The HLB of polysorbate 80 is 15.
Customary Usage: 1% - 50%, Sometimes 1:1
Amber / Golden liquid
Synonyms: Polyoxyethylene (20) sorbitan monooleate, Polysorbate 80 NF, T MAZ 80, Tween 80