POLYSORBATE 80, sometimes referred to by trade names like Poly 80 or Tween 80, is a non ionic emulsifier and surfactant used for blending many oil based and water based ingredients and additives in to formulations together for dispersing, emulsifying and more.
Polysorbate 80 is soluble in alcohol and water; insoluble in oils. It is used in oil in water recipes for lotions, body washes, hair creams, lip gloss, scrubs, dispersing bath oils, conditioners, bath bombs, shampoos, body sprays/linen sprays.
- Used in formulas with our Crothix pastilles to thicken formulas.
- Used to solubilize fragrances and essential oils, and blend with vegetable oils to create bath oils that "bloom," when added to bath water.
- Brings an often-desired added lubricity beneficial in many formulations.
- A great choice to improve rinse off of anhydrous scrubs, and cleansing oils.
- Can also help loosen the stiffness created when you've accidentally added too much thickener in a formulation and it has reached the "glob" stage.
- Useful in helping to correct an unstable emulsion which has separated.
Polysorbate 80 has endless possibilities.
Polysorbates are typically nonirritating.
Environmentally readily biodegradable. Polysorbate 80 is typically derived from vegetable oils like olive oil.
Coloration may vary.
Formulations using Polysorbate 80:
INCI Name, CAS Name and CAS No.
- INCI Name: Polysorbate 80
- CAS Name: Sorbitan Monooleate, Ethoxylated
- CAS no: 9005-65-6
- EINECS no.: 500-019-9
- Appearance: Clear Amber Liquid
- Odor: Mild Bland Odor
- Cloud Point: 136°F
- Pour Point: -5°F
- Hydroxyl Value: 65 to 80
- Acid Value: 2.0 Max
- Saponification Value: 45 to 55
- Flash Point: >300°F
- Solubility: Soluble in Ethanol & IPA; Soluble in Water
- Specific Gravity: 1.07
Use in Cosmetics and Soap Making
Commonly used in anti-aging creams and lotions, anti static agent, coffee whiteners, hair care products, hair conditioners, green products, sunscreens, water soluble polymers, eye creams and emulsifiers.
Keep in a cool (preferably below 85°F, the cooler the better), dark and dry store-room.
Under optimal storage conditions, in original unopened drums/containers, minimum two years.
Safety Data Sheet
Certificate of Analysis
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It works as expected
This works great! My bath bombs are so much better! It makes them bubble more and helps hold recipe together! Thank you!
I love the Poly 80 I get from here. It works nice in bath bombs, and I love that I can trust the products I purchase.
I am forever looking for better prices while maintaining high quality. My extended family and I are making our own Household products. While I am one of the newer ones in the group, I am the one they have chosen for finding what we need. When I started, they were paying twice as much for most everything they used. I am slowly finding better choices. So far, Make Your Own has come out the winner. So, that says we are pleased with the products and the prices. The ladies all say that the measurements have not changed using these products. That is a great sign of continued quality. Thx
Thisbis my favorite polysorbate. I have use other companies and I feel like it’s texture didn’t hold as well as this companies. I use in bath bombs and highly recommend especially when using heavy oils . You can’t beat the price either.
This is good stuff! Well packaged and clearly labeled and works exactly as it’s supposed to in my bath Bombs!!
My poly came with a secure cap and in a timely fashion. Thanks !
Item received in good condition and fast delivery.